Paces Drops New Single 'Call The 5-0' + Announces Sophomore Album ZAG
1 Jun 2018
A truly unique Australian is Mikey Perry, whose project Paces is the musical response to his ever-positive attitude and focus on creating good vibe party tunes. Paces’ brand new single, ‘Call The 5-0’ featuring Midas.Gold, Tigerilla and Health Club, comes in like a hot breeze, a pacey funk-groove laced with that caffeinated positive Paces vibe and the next taste of Paces’ upcoming sophomore album, ZAG, to be released on August 24th this year.
Midas.Gold and Tigerilla make an absolute meal of the beat and in combination, create something nothing short of special with punchy lyrics pushing themes of self-belief backed by hard work. Midas.Gold delivers an empowering message to stay true, put in the work and chase your dreams (“If you really want this though, want this yo, it won’t come cheap. Take it from me, big breathe take the lead, get used to no sleep. Stay G.”) and Tigerilla echoes that if you have a problem with someone working hard for their dreams, then you should 'Call The 5-0'.
Paces explains how the all-star Aussie collab came together: "Call The 5-0 is a fun one! I initially just wrote the drop but I wanted to do something different and have a housey flavour for the verses. I brought my best bud Health Club on board (who writes the most amazing housey drums) to unlock some of that goodness. Next I met up with Midas.Gold in Brisbane and spent a day cutting his verses. He killed it and left me with the problem of finding a good hook for the chorus. I’d just returned from DJing in Tigerilla’s bar in Adelaide so he was fresh in my mind. I’m a huge fan of Tigerilla's recent tracks and he’s such a great guy, I was keen to offer the track to him but wow I was not prepared for that hook that he sent back. I was listening to the demo through my tiny phone speaker, singing along in my studio. Those moments are my favourite part of being a producer - making something fun out of thin air!"
Born from the triple j Unearthed class of 2015, Paces has always connected regularly with the platform, knowing it’s where he got his break. Paces continues to acknowledge and support emerging Australian artists looking to make a leap into a career in music and as a result, Paces’ sophomore album ZAG features breakout performances from the likes of Midas.Gold, CLYPSO, Jeida Woods and Doolie, looking to emulate the success of artists like Kučka and Jess Kent, both of whom Mikey discovered via Unearthed.
Amongst the eclectic list of collaborators on ZAG, Paces teams up once again with Guy Sebastian on the track ‘Siren’. Paces brought Guy Sebastian to a whole new audience with his acclaimed triple j Like A Version in 2016, which has now had over 2 million plays on YouTube alone. ZAG also features Paces’ track ‘Savage’ featuring NYNE which has now had over 8 million plays on Spotify and got picked up by Republic Records in the US. Since the release of his ‘On My Mind’ EP in 2014, to his 2016 debut album Vacation¸ Paces has amassed over 22 million Spotify streams across his catalogue – a true Australian success story built from the ground up.
And the excitement around Paces doesn’t just stop at his productions and collabs. Paces has toured with the likes of Marshmello, Dillon Francis and Illy, who across their varied fan bases recognise Paces’ astute and unique talent and electric showmanship on stage. July 2018 will see Paces touring the country supporting Hot Dub Time Machine on his huge national tour. Full tour dates below.
Check out a sneak peek of the tracklisting of ZAG below and wrap your ears around ‘Call The 5-0’ now!
1. Zag, Binch
2. Another Day
3. Technique feat. Emmalyn, Jeida Woods
4. Don't Run feat. Doolie
5. Call The 5-0 feat. Midas.Gold, Tigerilla, Health Club
6. Savage feat. Nyne
7. Siren feat. Guy Sebastian
9. Going Mad feat. Clypso, Raven Felix
10. Close Enough feat. Caly Bevier
11. TBH feat. Safa Gaw, Gladiator
12. Act My Age feat. Sydnee Carter
13. Material World feat. Reija Lee, H&D
14. Triggered feat. Esther Sparkes
PACES – HOT DUB AUSTRALIAN TOUR
Fri 29 June // Ice Cream Factory // Perth
Sat 30 June // Ice Cream Factory // Perth (SOLD OUT)
Fri 6 July // The Tivoli // Brisbane
Fri 13 July // Forum Theatre // Melbourne (SOLD OUT)
Sat 14 July // Forum Theatre // Melbourne
Sat 21 July // Enmore Theatre // Sydney (SOLD OUT)
Fri 27 July // Enmore Theatre // Sydney (SOLD OUT)
- / Behind The Scenes: FISHER's 'Just Feels Tight' Music Video
- / Behind The Scenes: Sumner's 'South' Music Video
- / Behind The Scenes: 'Everything You Do' Music Video with Airwolf & Yeah Boy
- / etcetc tastes playlist mood booster ⚡️
- / 2021 AIR Award Nomination
- / Fresh Off Her Joyous Like A Version, Alice Ivy Takes On Remix Duties For Pnau’s ‘River’
- / Nicholas Littlemore Doubles Winners In Triple J's Unearthed Songwriting Competition
- / FAQ for PNAU x Nicholas Keays Crypto-Art Collectables
- / Triple J Unearthed Competition with Nick Littlemore from PNAU
- / etcetc Yearbook: 2020
- / Luboku Releases Stunning Full Length Live Performance of “Space Walk” Album
- / Jax Jones Remixes Xmas Classic 'Ave Maria' for Apple Music
- / George Maple Announces 'MYTH' at the Sydney Opera House
- / Adelaide Duo China Roses Unveil Bouncy New Single 'Worst Enemy' Alongside Official Music Video
- / FISHER, Wongo, & Dimity Stoyle Lead The Star-Studded Cast In Little Fritter's 'CHA CHA' Video
- / PNAU & Vlossom nominated for 2020 AIR Awards
- / 5 Things We Learned From Nick Littlemore's Reddit AMA
- / A Decade of Dance and your chance to record and release a classic
- / Explore the Multi-Dimensional World of PNAU with the Colourful & Vibrant 'Lucky' Video
- / Can You Guess What Some of Our etcetc Fam Have Been Bingeing On During Iso?
- / etcetc Artists Get Behind International Women's Day and Shout Out Emerging Talent
- / Leading-Edge Sydney Label Sidechains Drop Third Compilation Album 'Sidechains Club Vol.3'
- / Duke Dumont Set To Play Splendour's Biggest Line-Up Ever
- / Jax Jones Visits Australian Wild-life Amid Devastating Bush Fire Crisis
- / Vlossom to Play First Australian Shows Live at Sydney's Lansdowne Hotel in January
- / Sydney Three-Piece The Goods Deliver 'Peach' Remixes + Limited Edition 7" Vinyl
- / Nick Littlemore and Peter Mayes Launch Record Label LAB78 with etcetc, with First Project, Vlossom
- / Are you ready for Aus Music T-Shirt Day?
- / Australia's POOLCLVB #1 Most Played on SiriusXM Chill
- / Martin Ikin Releases Highly Anticipated Single ‘Hooked’ on Catch & Release and etcetc Music
- / etcetc Joins Forces with Innovative Sydney Label 'Sidechains'
- / Flash 89 Signs to etcetc and Announces New Tech-house Heater 'Body Talk'
- / George Maple Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Magic Woman'
- / FISHER Goes Platinum With 'Losing It'
- / Doolie Signs to etcetc Music & Releases New Single '2:20' feat. Charlie Threads
- / Donatachi Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Do What I Want' feat. Evangeline
- / 5 Female Artists You Need To Know Right Now
- / ‘Losing It’ Voted #2 in the 2018 triple j Hottest 100 Countdown
- / CLYPSO Teams Up With Sophiegrophy for 'Strange Behaviour' Video
- / FISHER Goes Gold With 'Losing It'
- / PNAU’s Go Bang wins Best Dance Release at the 2018 ARIA Awards
- / CLYPSO Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / Huge Merch Sale Ahead of Ausmusic T-Shirt Day
- / Luboku Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / etcetc Receives Nine Nominations for 2018 ARIA Awards
- / Sydney's BRUX Emerges As Producer, Songwriter & Vocalist Triple-Threat
- / FISHER Signs New Recordings Deal with etcetc Music
- / Paces Celebrates ZAG With Warehouse Album Launch
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Technique', Announces 14-Date Album Tour & Issues ZAG Party Pack
- / PNAU Win Two AIR Awards After Huge Splendour In The Grass Performance
- / Introducing: George Michelle
- / Pnau Release 2018 Tour Edition of Changa Ahead Of Aus Tour
- / WATCH: Paces - Call The 5-0 Official Video Starring Paces, Midas.Gold & Tigerilla
- / POOLCLVB Releases Limited Edition 'Freefall' Tees With Proceeds To Beyond Blue
- // Paces Drops New Single 'Call The 5-0' + Announces Sophomore Album ZAG //
- / Airwolf Shares 'Chasing You' Official Video + Free Download From UK Tastemaker T.Williams
- / POOLCLVB Unveils Acoustic Version of 'Freefall', Adds More Shows To National Tour Including Splendour In The Grass!
- / Duke Dumont Drops Official Video For 'Inhale' Ahead Of Landing In Aus
- / Bearcubs Shares Stunning Video For 'Landslide'
- / PNAU & POOLCLVB Join The Splendour In The Grass 2018 Lineup
- / POOLCLVB Unveils New Single 'Freefall' feat. Doolie & Announces National Freefall Tour
- / etcetc Wins Indie Label of the Year at The Music Network Tinnies Awards
- / FISHER Kicks Off Crowd Control World Tour
- / PNAU Ditch Traditional ARIA After Party & Celebrate With Fans At Sydney's Club 77
- / Pnau To Perform Live At The 2017 ARIA Awards
- / New York's Walker & Royce Announce Australia & New Zealand ‘Self Help’ Album Tour
- / Jax Jones Announces Australian & New Zealand Tour
- / Pnau 'Go Bang' With New Single & Video
- / Klue Takes New Live Show On The Road For 'Closer'
- / Jax Jones Launches 'House Work' Beats1 Radio Show
- / PNAU Receive Two ARIA Award Nominations + ‘Chameleon' Goes Triple Platinum
- / Kilter Shares New Ninajirachi Remix of Waste Time feat. Woodes
- / Paces Announces National 'Creepin' Tour
- / Pnau Drop 3 New Tracks & Announce Forthcoming Album 'Changa'
- / Paces Drops Fresh New Merch Line
- / etcetc sign Paces to Republic Records
- / Kilter Announces Regional Tour & Remix for Duke Dumont & Gorgon City
- / Kilter shares Video and Remixes for 'I Hear You'
- / Sam Sparro Announces Australian Tour
- / Jax Jones goes Double Platinum in Australia and drops New Single
- / Eye Love View Sold Out + Set Times
- / Who Would You Get 250m High With?
- / Kilter shares Three New Tracks from his Forthcoming Album
- / Luke Million's Record Store Day Score
- / Luke Million works with George Byrne on sublime video for ‘Back To The Rhythm'
- / Kilter Announces Debut Album and National Tour for June
- / JNTHN STEIN added to The Great Escape Line Up and joins Kilter on select North American dates
- / 'Chameleon' goes Double Platinum in Australia and sign to Island Records UK & Germany and Elektra Records France
- / Watch Kilter and Lanks Perform Raw, Acoustic Version of ‘Count On Me’
- / Paces Unveils 'Savage' Video & Kicks Off Australian Tour
- / Kilter Shares New Single and Announces 15-date North American Tour
- / Pnau Top 5 ARIA Single 'Chameleon' goes Platinum
- / POOLCLVB takes on Mixmag's The Lab
- / etcetc sign U.S. producer & multi-instrumentalist JNTHN STEIN of Team Supreme
- / DANCEetc at Taylor's Rooftop comes to an end
- / etcetc Yearbook - an Album of 2016 Hits, Unsung gems and excluvies from the label
- / One Huge EMC Play Showcase
- / Kilter drops epic Video and Remixes to the Song of the Summer 'They Don't Know Us'
- / PNAU Share First Single In Five Years 'Chameleon'
- / POOLCLVB release first single from forthcoming EP
- / Airwolf signs to etcetc Music & Nuffsaid Agency, with new single 'Talking Bass'
- / Kilter shares new single 'They Don't Know Us'
- / Kilter Announces National September Tour