etcetc Artists Get Behind International Women's Day and Shout Out Emerging Talent
5 Mar 2020
In celebration of International Women's Day 2020, some of our etcetc female fam took a moment to reflect on the women they admire and are most inspired by, as well as hand-picked some of their favourite emerging female artists.
TOP 5 EMERGING FEMALE ARTISTS
SAN MEI'S PICKSSan Mei played a staggering 45 shows in 2019, supporting the likes of K.Flay, Ali Barter, Kingswood, G.Flip, and Jack River, and is set to showcase at SXSW 2020 for a consecutive year ahead of the release of her new EP 'Cry' on March 20.
Eliza & The Delusionals: I'm very proud of my fellow Gold Coaster; she is kicking so many goals right now and making incredible music. And keeping guitar songs alive! Her track 'Just Exist' is beautiful and gives me a nostalgic feeling, while it still feels fresh and exciting.
Lola Scott: This girl is going to take over the world soon. Everything she does is executed with perfection and she's creating a really intriguing world. Her song 'Heaven Knows' has incredible melodies and makes me feel like I'm lost in a dream.
Prettything: This is Bella from IV League's solo project and I'm a huge fan girl. I was at one of her shows recently and was blown away by the calibre of songwriting and her captivating stage presence. Her debut song 'Endless Blue' is gorgeous and haunting and I can't wait to hear more.
Austen: I love the mystery and dark edge to Austen's music and visuals. She's creating really strong, intriguing pop and it's consistent. I find her song 'Money' really addictive with its strong melodies and the world she creates in it.
Ro: I love the depth to her songs and her charisma. I'm really drawn to the honesty in her song 'To Pretend' - it's vulnerable lyrically but the sweet melodies and groove make it feel bright and uplifting.
DOOLIE is 21-year-old rising singer-songwriter riding high after a massive 12 months delivering fresh blends of mid-tempo pop/R&B with a collective of producers including GXNXVS, Cam Nacson, LO'99, Paces, POOLCLVB, plus more. Her latest anthem 'Only For A Night' is out now.
Chymes: She just released a HUGE banger called 'GITY' and it just made me go wow, yes, repeat x 100.
Sahara Beck: She just dropped her EP 'Queen Of Hearts' towards the end of last year, and everything is just amazing - the writing, the aesthetic, the visuals, and the production.
Milan Ring: I have never felt more bad ass, than when I heard 'Say To Me' on the radio, the attitude, groove and empowerment you feel from this song, is enough to make me feel like I'm ready to break a boys heart because idgaf.
DVNA: It's so amazing when you find out a lot of women self produce their own tracks, and this lady just has so much vibe - I have no choice but to dance whenever she comes on, I'm so excited to see what she has for us this year.
Sycco: 'Peacemaker' is such an easy gain and pretty song - I love the story line, and how effortless her vocals are, I just feel so at ease.
CLYPSO's energetic and unique live show has landed her national supports for the likes of PNAU, Channel Tres, and Art vs Science, as well as numerous iconic Australian festivals. Her latest singles 'D.Y.S. (Defend Your Situation)' and 'Sidestep' are both Triple J Most Played hits.
Jennifer Loveless: Really love all the ambient textures in 'Tinnitus'.
Okin Osan: Solid AF melodies and quirky lyrics, it’s like the beach boys meets the yeah yeah yeahs. 'You Tell, I’ll Listen' is just one of her many great songs.
Austen: Her song 'Anthem' transports me instantly, cue the smoke machines.
Wallace: 'Negroni Eyes' sounds as Negroni tastes. Love that piano sample.
Makeda: First track off her EP 'Me, First' is experimental with a hint of drum and bass. Saw her play at Soft centre in Sydney.
etcetc LABEL CHICKS PICKS
Front left to right: Sarah (Label & Marketing Coordinator), Anna (Director of Publicity & Promotions), Emma (Marketing Manager).
Fluir: Nailing the juxtaposition of sultry vocals with infectious, punchy beats guaranteed to leave you feeling empowered, and free every time. 'Higher Ground' is our fave!
Sarah Wolfe: Bursting onto the scene in late 2019, Sarah Wolfe is already making big waves with her sassy, yet emotive ballads. Her latest single 'U Think This Is A Game?' is everything you could ask for in a female power anthem.
A.GIRL: 19 year old Western Sydney artist A.GIRL showcases R&B tinged vocals and hip hop leaning production across her three releases so far, with self assured songwriting particularly shining through on her 2019 breakthrough ‘Play’. This one has been on repeat!
Kota Banks: Australian / Italian artist Kota Banks is at the forefront of futuristic electronic pop, with sassy self-assured anthems her forte. After collaborating with the likes of Cashmere Cat, SOPHIE and Swick, she released a swag of bops across 2019, but her 2018 single ‘I’m It’ is the ultimate self-love soundtrack for your International Women’s Day.
Chymes: Encompassed by hallucinatory, yet captivating pop, with seductive vocals that will lure you in to her own intimate world. If Chymes' latest singles 'Sleepless' and 'GITY' are anything to go by, 2020 is set to be a pivotal year for the Central Coast singer-songwriter.
- / Nicholas Littlemore Doubles Winners In Triple J's Unearthed Songwriting Competition
- / FAQ for PNAU x Nicholas Keays Crypto-Art Collectables
- / Triple J Unearthed Competition with Nick Littlemore from PNAU
- / etcetc Yearbook: 2020
- / Luboku Releases Stunning Full Length Live Performance of “Space Walk” Album
- / Jax Jones Remixes Xmas Classic 'Ave Maria' for Apple Music
- / George Maple Announces 'MYTH' at the Sydney Opera House
- / Adelaide Duo China Roses Unveil Bouncy New Single 'Worst Enemy' Alongside Official Music Video
- / FISHER, Wongo, & Dimity Stoyle Lead The Star-Studded Cast In Little Fritter's 'CHA CHA' Video
- / PNAU & Vlossom nominated for 2020 AIR Awards
- / 5 Things We Learned From Nick Littlemore's Reddit AMA
- / A Decade of Dance and your chance to record and release a classic
- / Explore the Multi-Dimensional World of PNAU with the Colourful & Vibrant 'Lucky' Video
- / Can You Guess What Some of Our etcetc Fam Have Been Bingeing On During Iso?
- // etcetc Artists Get Behind International Women's Day and Shout Out Emerging Talent //
- / Leading-Edge Sydney Label Sidechains Drop Third Compilation Album 'Sidechains Club Vol.3'
- / Duke Dumont Set To Play Splendour's Biggest Line-Up Ever
- / Jax Jones Visits Australian Wild-life Amid Devastating Bush Fire Crisis
- / Vlossom to Play First Australian Shows Live at Sydney's Lansdowne Hotel in January
- / Sydney Three-Piece The Goods Deliver 'Peach' Remixes + Limited Edition 7" Vinyl
- / Nick Littlemore and Peter Mayes Launch Record Label LAB78 with etcetc, with First Project, Vlossom
- / Are you ready for Aus Music T-Shirt Day?
- / Australia's POOLCLVB #1 Most Played on SiriusXM Chill
- / Martin Ikin Releases Highly Anticipated Single ‘Hooked’ on Catch & Release and etcetc Music
- / etcetc Joins Forces with Innovative Sydney Label 'Sidechains'
- / Flash 89 Signs to etcetc and Announces New Tech-house Heater 'Body Talk'
- / George Maple Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Magic Woman'
- / FISHER Goes Platinum With 'Losing It'
- / Doolie Signs to etcetc Music & Releases New Single '2:20' feat. Charlie Threads
- / Donatachi Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Do What I Want' feat. Evangeline
- / 5 Female Artists You Need To Know Right Now
- / ‘Losing It’ Voted #2 in the 2018 triple j Hottest 100 Countdown
- / CLYPSO Teams Up With Sophiegrophy for 'Strange Behaviour' Video
- / FISHER Goes Gold With 'Losing It'
- / PNAU’s Go Bang wins Best Dance Release at the 2018 ARIA Awards
- / CLYPSO Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / Huge Merch Sale Ahead of Ausmusic T-Shirt Day
- / Luboku Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / etcetc Receives Nine Nominations for 2018 ARIA Awards
- / Sydney's BRUX Emerges As Producer, Songwriter & Vocalist Triple-Threat
- / FISHER Signs New Recordings Deal with etcetc Music
- / Paces Celebrates ZAG With Warehouse Album Launch
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Technique', Announces 14-Date Album Tour & Issues ZAG Party Pack
- / PNAU Win Two AIR Awards After Huge Splendour In The Grass Performance
- / Introducing: George Michelle
- / Pnau Release 2018 Tour Edition of Changa Ahead Of Aus Tour
- / WATCH: Paces - Call The 5-0 Official Video Starring Paces, Midas.Gold & Tigerilla
- / POOLCLVB Releases Limited Edition 'Freefall' Tees With Proceeds To Beyond Blue
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Call The 5-0' + Announces Sophomore Album ZAG
- / Airwolf Shares 'Chasing You' Official Video + Free Download From UK Tastemaker T.Williams
- / POOLCLVB Unveils Acoustic Version of 'Freefall', Adds More Shows To National Tour Including Splendour In The Grass!
- / Duke Dumont Drops Official Video For 'Inhale' Ahead Of Landing In Aus
- / Bearcubs Shares Stunning Video For 'Landslide'
- / PNAU & POOLCLVB Join The Splendour In The Grass 2018 Lineup
- / POOLCLVB Unveils New Single 'Freefall' feat. Doolie & Announces National Freefall Tour
- / etcetc Wins Indie Label of the Year at The Music Network Tinnies Awards
- / FISHER Kicks Off Crowd Control World Tour
- / PNAU Ditch Traditional ARIA After Party & Celebrate With Fans At Sydney's Club 77
- / Pnau To Perform Live At The 2017 ARIA Awards
- / New York's Walker & Royce Announce Australia & New Zealand ‘Self Help’ Album Tour
- / Jax Jones Announces Australian & New Zealand Tour
- / Pnau 'Go Bang' With New Single & Video
- / Klue Takes New Live Show On The Road For 'Closer'
- / Jax Jones Launches 'House Work' Beats1 Radio Show
- / PNAU Receive Two ARIA Award Nominations + ‘Chameleon' Goes Triple Platinum
- / Kilter Shares New Ninajirachi Remix of Waste Time feat. Woodes
- / Paces Announces National 'Creepin' Tour
- / Pnau Drop 3 New Tracks & Announce Forthcoming Album 'Changa'
- / Paces Drops Fresh New Merch Line
- / etcetc sign Paces to Republic Records
- / Kilter Announces Regional Tour & Remix for Duke Dumont & Gorgon City
- / Kilter shares Video and Remixes for 'I Hear You'
- / Sam Sparro Announces Australian Tour
- / Jax Jones goes Double Platinum in Australia and drops New Single
- / Eye Love View Sold Out + Set Times
- / Who Would You Get 250m High With?
- / Kilter shares Three New Tracks from his Forthcoming Album
- / Luke Million's Record Store Day Score
- / Luke Million works with George Byrne on sublime video for ‘Back To The Rhythm'
- / Kilter Announces Debut Album and National Tour for June
- / JNTHN STEIN added to The Great Escape Line Up and joins Kilter on select North American dates
- / 'Chameleon' goes Double Platinum in Australia and sign to Island Records UK & Germany and Elektra Records France
- / Watch Kilter and Lanks Perform Raw, Acoustic Version of ‘Count On Me’
- / Paces Unveils 'Savage' Video & Kicks Off Australian Tour
- / Kilter Shares New Single and Announces 15-date North American Tour
- / Pnau Top 5 ARIA Single 'Chameleon' goes Platinum
- / POOLCLVB takes on Mixmag's The Lab
- / etcetc sign U.S. producer & multi-instrumentalist JNTHN STEIN of Team Supreme
- / DANCEetc at Taylor's Rooftop comes to an end
- / etcetc Yearbook - an Album of 2016 Hits, Unsung gems and excluvies from the label
- / One Huge EMC Play Showcase
- / Kilter drops epic Video and Remixes to the Song of the Summer 'They Don't Know Us'
- / PNAU Share First Single In Five Years 'Chameleon'
- / POOLCLVB release first single from forthcoming EP
- / Airwolf signs to etcetc Music & Nuffsaid Agency, with new single 'Talking Bass'
- / Kilter shares new single 'They Don't Know Us'
- / Kilter Announces National September Tour