Luke Million works with George Byrne on sublime video for ‘Back To The Rhythm'
28 Apr 2017
producer Luke Million
has unveiled the retro-tastic video for his latest single ‘Back To The Rhythm’
featuring Sam Sparro.
Produced by Australian production house Made
In Katana, the video was co-directed by Adam Callen and George
Byrne and brings to life the feel-good jam with the sunshine and palm trees of
the Hollywood Hills, a DeLorean and a very special keytar solo in a rare cameo
‘Back To The Rhythm’ is the lead single from Luke’s forthcoming EP of the same name and Sam is the first of several very special guest collaborators to be revealed. etcetc is also proud to announce their partnership with über tastemaker French imprint Kitsuné. Home to previous success stories as Digitalism, La Roux and Two Door Cinema Club, Kitsuné have signed Luke Million's retro funk jam ‘Back To The Rhythm’, an exciting milestone with the label having such a stellar record for identifying future big name artists.
Made In Katana’s Adam Callen describes how the video came together: "Co-directing the video clip for ‘Back to the Rhythm’ with the incredibly talented George Byrne has been an amazing experience, and working closely with Luke Million and Sam Sparro has been a true lesson in style and sophistication. To have the opportunity to shoot at such visually distinct locations across two continents, and use video to bring George's aesthetic to life was a career highlight that I will not be forgetting any time soon."
Luke Million had a massive 2016, touring throughout Australia, the US and Canada, picking up specialist radio play in the US, and topping it off with the international success of his take on the Stranger Things theme which also got added across the board on triple j. Following the success of Luke’s previous singles including ‘Light & Sound’, ‘Fear The Night’ and ‘Arnold’, alongside Sam’s impressive back-catalogue including much-loved hit single ‘Black & Gold’, ‘Back To The Rhythm’ is a dream collab.
About to wrap a massive 18-date Australian tour with Client Liaison, Luke will soon be packing his arsenal of synths and keyboards for Byron Bay to perform at Splendour In The Grass with a brand new live set up and some very special surprise guests – including a not-to-be-missed international guest. Check out a taste of Luke’s impressive live set up here.
“HELLO SAM SPARRO. Isn’t it good
when good people come together and just make copious amounts of goodness?”
– The AU Review, Single of the Day
“Bringing back those retro, ‘Music Sounds Better With You’ vibes that we come quick to adore from Million.” – Pilerats, Single of the Week
“Irresistible funk-soul rhythm, grooving synths, and Sam’s signature butter-smooth vocals, ‘Back To The Rhythm’ updates dance music while nodding to the past.” – Flaunt Magazine
“Bathed in his golden aura of electronic brilliance” – Lost Magazine
- / Behind The Scenes: FISHER's 'Just Feels Tight' Music Video
- / Behind The Scenes: Sumner's 'South' Music Video
- / Behind The Scenes: 'Everything You Do' Music Video with Airwolf & Yeah Boy
- / etcetc tastes playlist mood booster ⚡️
- / 2021 AIR Award Nomination
- / Fresh Off Her Joyous Like A Version, Alice Ivy Takes On Remix Duties For Pnau’s ‘River’
- / Nicholas Littlemore Doubles Winners In Triple J's Unearthed Songwriting Competition
- / FAQ for PNAU x Nicholas Keays Crypto-Art Collectables
- / Triple J Unearthed Competition with Nick Littlemore from PNAU
- / etcetc Yearbook: 2020
- / Luboku Releases Stunning Full Length Live Performance of “Space Walk” Album
- / Jax Jones Remixes Xmas Classic 'Ave Maria' for Apple Music
- / George Maple Announces 'MYTH' at the Sydney Opera House
- / Adelaide Duo China Roses Unveil Bouncy New Single 'Worst Enemy' Alongside Official Music Video
- / FISHER, Wongo, & Dimity Stoyle Lead The Star-Studded Cast In Little Fritter's 'CHA CHA' Video
- / PNAU & Vlossom nominated for 2020 AIR Awards
- / 5 Things We Learned From Nick Littlemore's Reddit AMA
- / A Decade of Dance and your chance to record and release a classic
- / Explore the Multi-Dimensional World of PNAU with the Colourful & Vibrant 'Lucky' Video
- / Can You Guess What Some of Our etcetc Fam Have Been Bingeing On During Iso?
- / etcetc Artists Get Behind International Women's Day and Shout Out Emerging Talent
- / Leading-Edge Sydney Label Sidechains Drop Third Compilation Album 'Sidechains Club Vol.3'
- / Duke Dumont Set To Play Splendour's Biggest Line-Up Ever
- / Jax Jones Visits Australian Wild-life Amid Devastating Bush Fire Crisis
- / Vlossom to Play First Australian Shows Live at Sydney's Lansdowne Hotel in January
- / Sydney Three-Piece The Goods Deliver 'Peach' Remixes + Limited Edition 7" Vinyl
- / Nick Littlemore and Peter Mayes Launch Record Label LAB78 with etcetc, with First Project, Vlossom
- / Are you ready for Aus Music T-Shirt Day?
- / Australia's POOLCLVB #1 Most Played on SiriusXM Chill
- / Martin Ikin Releases Highly Anticipated Single ‘Hooked’ on Catch & Release and etcetc Music
- / etcetc Joins Forces with Innovative Sydney Label 'Sidechains'
- / Flash 89 Signs to etcetc and Announces New Tech-house Heater 'Body Talk'
- / George Maple Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Magic Woman'
- / FISHER Goes Platinum With 'Losing It'
- / Doolie Signs to etcetc Music & Releases New Single '2:20' feat. Charlie Threads
- / Donatachi Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Do What I Want' feat. Evangeline
- / 5 Female Artists You Need To Know Right Now
- / ‘Losing It’ Voted #2 in the 2018 triple j Hottest 100 Countdown
- / CLYPSO Teams Up With Sophiegrophy for 'Strange Behaviour' Video
- / FISHER Goes Gold With 'Losing It'
- / PNAU’s Go Bang wins Best Dance Release at the 2018 ARIA Awards
- / CLYPSO Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / Huge Merch Sale Ahead of Ausmusic T-Shirt Day
- / Luboku Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / etcetc Receives Nine Nominations for 2018 ARIA Awards
- / Sydney's BRUX Emerges As Producer, Songwriter & Vocalist Triple-Threat
- / FISHER Signs New Recordings Deal with etcetc Music
- / Paces Celebrates ZAG With Warehouse Album Launch
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Technique', Announces 14-Date Album Tour & Issues ZAG Party Pack
- / PNAU Win Two AIR Awards After Huge Splendour In The Grass Performance
- / Introducing: George Michelle
- / Pnau Release 2018 Tour Edition of Changa Ahead Of Aus Tour
- / WATCH: Paces - Call The 5-0 Official Video Starring Paces, Midas.Gold & Tigerilla
- / POOLCLVB Releases Limited Edition 'Freefall' Tees With Proceeds To Beyond Blue
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Call The 5-0' + Announces Sophomore Album ZAG
- / Airwolf Shares 'Chasing You' Official Video + Free Download From UK Tastemaker T.Williams
- / POOLCLVB Unveils Acoustic Version of 'Freefall', Adds More Shows To National Tour Including Splendour In The Grass!
- / Duke Dumont Drops Official Video For 'Inhale' Ahead Of Landing In Aus
- / Bearcubs Shares Stunning Video For 'Landslide'
- / PNAU & POOLCLVB Join The Splendour In The Grass 2018 Lineup
- / POOLCLVB Unveils New Single 'Freefall' feat. Doolie & Announces National Freefall Tour
- / etcetc Wins Indie Label of the Year at The Music Network Tinnies Awards
- / FISHER Kicks Off Crowd Control World Tour
- / PNAU Ditch Traditional ARIA After Party & Celebrate With Fans At Sydney's Club 77
- / Pnau To Perform Live At The 2017 ARIA Awards
- / New York's Walker & Royce Announce Australia & New Zealand ‘Self Help’ Album Tour
- / Jax Jones Announces Australian & New Zealand Tour
- / Pnau 'Go Bang' With New Single & Video
- / Klue Takes New Live Show On The Road For 'Closer'
- / Jax Jones Launches 'House Work' Beats1 Radio Show
- / PNAU Receive Two ARIA Award Nominations + ‘Chameleon' Goes Triple Platinum
- / Kilter Shares New Ninajirachi Remix of Waste Time feat. Woodes
- / Paces Announces National 'Creepin' Tour
- / Pnau Drop 3 New Tracks & Announce Forthcoming Album 'Changa'
- / Paces Drops Fresh New Merch Line
- / etcetc sign Paces to Republic Records
- / Kilter Announces Regional Tour & Remix for Duke Dumont & Gorgon City
- / Kilter shares Video and Remixes for 'I Hear You'
- / Sam Sparro Announces Australian Tour
- / Jax Jones goes Double Platinum in Australia and drops New Single
- / Eye Love View Sold Out + Set Times
- / Who Would You Get 250m High With?
- / Kilter shares Three New Tracks from his Forthcoming Album
- / Luke Million's Record Store Day Score
- // Luke Million works with George Byrne on sublime video for ‘Back To The Rhythm' //
- / Kilter Announces Debut Album and National Tour for June
- / JNTHN STEIN added to The Great Escape Line Up and joins Kilter on select North American dates
- / 'Chameleon' goes Double Platinum in Australia and sign to Island Records UK & Germany and Elektra Records France
- / Watch Kilter and Lanks Perform Raw, Acoustic Version of ‘Count On Me’
- / Paces Unveils 'Savage' Video & Kicks Off Australian Tour
- / Kilter Shares New Single and Announces 15-date North American Tour
- / Pnau Top 5 ARIA Single 'Chameleon' goes Platinum
- / POOLCLVB takes on Mixmag's The Lab
- / etcetc sign U.S. producer & multi-instrumentalist JNTHN STEIN of Team Supreme
- / DANCEetc at Taylor's Rooftop comes to an end
- / etcetc Yearbook - an Album of 2016 Hits, Unsung gems and excluvies from the label
- / One Huge EMC Play Showcase
- / Kilter drops epic Video and Remixes to the Song of the Summer 'They Don't Know Us'
- / PNAU Share First Single In Five Years 'Chameleon'
- / POOLCLVB release first single from forthcoming EP
- / Airwolf signs to etcetc Music & Nuffsaid Agency, with new single 'Talking Bass'
- / Kilter shares new single 'They Don't Know Us'
- / Kilter Announces National September Tour