George Maple Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Magic Woman'
26 Jun 2019
Australian-born, LA-based songwriter, producer, vocalist and multi-media artist George Maple is more than a pop star with a vision; she is a force. With her new single ‘Magic Woman’, George Maple draws inspiration from the end of a relationship and rises triumphantly into an empowered new woman, a detailed manifesto of which has been released on her website GeorgeMaple.com. ‘Magic Woman’ is the next taste of new music from George Maple and her first release with etcetc.
On signing with etcetc, George Maple says: "I am delighted to have partnered with etcetc for this upcoming record. I feel supported and empowered by an excellent team. They display genuine care and integrity for the artists they represent and I’m so impressed with how they operate. We share a mutual passion and dedication for this project and I feel very much a part of a team. I am so looking forward to sharing this experience with them."
On signing George Maple, General Manager of etcetc Aden Mullens says: "Artists like George Maple are one in a million - hyper-creative and invested in the process and outcome of their art. Maple has built a name synonymous with integrity and female empowerment and her pursuits as an artist are courageous and admirable, and as a result, she has the fans to prove it. It’s with open arms that we welcome George Maple to the etcetc family, and we can’t wait to get to work on helping her realise her enormous potential as one of Australia’s most exciting solo artists."
This week also sees the debut of George Maple’s brand new live show, Utopia, a live conceptual experience written, directed and designed by Maple.
“My vision was to create a performance space for multiple mediums to interact. A place where narrative, performance, technology and art could share a language. A place for communities to unite in the name of storytelling. The show is a multi-layered spectacle based on the film synopsis I wrote prior to this upcoming record. The show is called Utopia and marks the completion of my last life cycle and an awakening into a completely new era.”
As an artist, writer and producer, George Maple’s resume features over 340 million Spotify streams (with over 46 million streams alone for her DJ Snake collaboration ‘Talk’), 350,000 Shazam followers, US number #1 records, sell out shows from Paris to Sydney and over 20 million YouTube views.
George Maple released her debut LP, ‘Lover’, in October 2017 to glowing reviews from critics and fans alike. The record established Maple’s position in the musical landscape, debuting at #2 on the Australian iTunes Charts and receiving millions of streams globally. Supporting the release of her record, Maple toured with global superstar Lorde, R&B powerhouse 6LACK and embarked upon her own sold out Australian headline tour.
Maple has written and produced hits for global superstars such as DJ Snake, Hayden James, Flume, What So Not and more, making her one of the most in-demand and successful Australian exports to be recognised on the international music scene. Last year Maple was invited to join the Recording Academy, the prestigious society of music professionals behind the GRAMMYs, and attended the esteemed event in Los Angeles.
- / The PNAU Effect
- / FISHER b2b Jax Jones | Sundowners Playlist Takeover
- / etcetc Yearbook: 2021
- / etcetc sundowners: sounds of summer playlist
- / Behind The Scenes: FISHER's 'Just Feels Tight' Music Video
- / Behind The Scenes: Sumner's 'South' Music Video
- / Behind The Scenes: 'Everything You Do' Music Video with Airwolf & Yeah Boy
- / etcetc tastes playlist mood booster ⚡️
- / 2021 AIR Award Nomination
- / Fresh Off Her Joyous Like A Version, Alice Ivy Takes On Remix Duties For Pnau’s ‘River’
- / Nicholas Littlemore Doubles Winners In Triple J's Unearthed Songwriting Competition
- / FAQ for PNAU x Nicholas Keays Crypto-Art Collectables
- / Triple J Unearthed Competition with Nick Littlemore from PNAU
- / etcetc Yearbook: 2020
- / Luboku Releases Stunning Full Length Live Performance of “Space Walk” Album
- / Jax Jones Remixes Xmas Classic 'Ave Maria' for Apple Music
- / George Maple Announces 'MYTH' at the Sydney Opera House
- / Adelaide Duo China Roses Unveil Bouncy New Single 'Worst Enemy' Alongside Official Music Video
- / FISHER, Wongo, & Dimity Stoyle Lead The Star-Studded Cast In Little Fritter's 'CHA CHA' Video
- / PNAU & Vlossom nominated for 2020 AIR Awards
- / 5 Things We Learned From Nick Littlemore's Reddit AMA
- / A Decade of Dance and your chance to record and release a classic
- / Explore the Multi-Dimensional World of PNAU with the Colourful & Vibrant 'Lucky' Video
- / Can You Guess What Some of Our etcetc Fam Have Been Bingeing On During Iso?
- / etcetc Artists Get Behind International Women's Day and Shout Out Emerging Talent
- / Leading-Edge Sydney Label Sidechains Drop Third Compilation Album 'Sidechains Club Vol.3'
- / Duke Dumont Set To Play Splendour's Biggest Line-Up Ever
- / Jax Jones Visits Australian Wild-life Amid Devastating Bush Fire Crisis
- / Vlossom to Play First Australian Shows Live at Sydney's Lansdowne Hotel in January
- / Sydney Three-Piece The Goods Deliver 'Peach' Remixes + Limited Edition 7" Vinyl
- / Nick Littlemore and Peter Mayes Launch Record Label LAB78 with etcetc, with First Project, Vlossom
- / Are you ready for Aus Music T-Shirt Day?
- / Australia's POOLCLVB #1 Most Played on SiriusXM Chill
- / Martin Ikin Releases Highly Anticipated Single ‘Hooked’ on Catch & Release and etcetc Music
- / etcetc Joins Forces with Innovative Sydney Label 'Sidechains'
- / Flash 89 Signs to etcetc and Announces New Tech-house Heater 'Body Talk'
- // George Maple Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Magic Woman' //
- / FISHER Goes Platinum With 'Losing It'
- / Doolie Signs to etcetc Music & Releases New Single '2:20' feat. Charlie Threads
- / Donatachi Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Do What I Want' feat. Evangeline
- / 5 Female Artists You Need To Know Right Now
- / ‘Losing It’ Voted #2 in the 2018 triple j Hottest 100 Countdown
- / CLYPSO Teams Up With Sophiegrophy for 'Strange Behaviour' Video
- / FISHER Goes Gold With 'Losing It'
- / PNAU’s Go Bang wins Best Dance Release at the 2018 ARIA Awards
- / CLYPSO Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / Huge Merch Sale Ahead of Ausmusic T-Shirt Day
- / Luboku Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / etcetc Receives Nine Nominations for 2018 ARIA Awards
- / Sydney's BRUX Emerges As Producer, Songwriter & Vocalist Triple-Threat
- / FISHER Signs New Recordings Deal with etcetc Music
- / Paces Celebrates ZAG With Warehouse Album Launch
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Technique', Announces 14-Date Album Tour & Issues ZAG Party Pack
- / PNAU Win Two AIR Awards After Huge Splendour In The Grass Performance
- / Introducing: George Michelle
- / Pnau Release 2018 Tour Edition of Changa Ahead Of Aus Tour
- / WATCH: Paces - Call The 5-0 Official Video Starring Paces, Midas.Gold & Tigerilla
- / POOLCLVB Releases Limited Edition 'Freefall' Tees With Proceeds To Beyond Blue
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Call The 5-0' + Announces Sophomore Album ZAG
- / Airwolf Shares 'Chasing You' Official Video + Free Download From UK Tastemaker T.Williams
- / POOLCLVB Unveils Acoustic Version of 'Freefall', Adds More Shows To National Tour Including Splendour In The Grass!
- / Duke Dumont Drops Official Video For 'Inhale' Ahead Of Landing In Aus
- / Bearcubs Shares Stunning Video For 'Landslide'
- / PNAU & POOLCLVB Join The Splendour In The Grass 2018 Lineup
- / POOLCLVB Unveils New Single 'Freefall' feat. Doolie & Announces National Freefall Tour
- / etcetc Wins Indie Label of the Year at The Music Network Tinnies Awards
- / FISHER Kicks Off Crowd Control World Tour
- / PNAU Ditch Traditional ARIA After Party & Celebrate With Fans At Sydney's Club 77
- / Pnau To Perform Live At The 2017 ARIA Awards
- / New York's Walker & Royce Announce Australia & New Zealand ‘Self Help’ Album Tour
- / Jax Jones Announces Australian & New Zealand Tour
- / Pnau 'Go Bang' With New Single & Video
- / Klue Takes New Live Show On The Road For 'Closer'
- / Jax Jones Launches 'House Work' Beats1 Radio Show
- / PNAU Receive Two ARIA Award Nominations + ‘Chameleon' Goes Triple Platinum
- / Kilter Shares New Ninajirachi Remix of Waste Time feat. Woodes
- / Paces Announces National 'Creepin' Tour
- / Pnau Drop 3 New Tracks & Announce Forthcoming Album 'Changa'
- / Paces Drops Fresh New Merch Line
- / etcetc sign Paces to Republic Records
- / Kilter Announces Regional Tour & Remix for Duke Dumont & Gorgon City
- / Kilter shares Video and Remixes for 'I Hear You'
- / Sam Sparro Announces Australian Tour
- / Jax Jones goes Double Platinum in Australia and drops New Single
- / Eye Love View Sold Out + Set Times
- / Who Would You Get 250m High With?
- / Kilter shares Three New Tracks from his Forthcoming Album
- / Luke Million's Record Store Day Score
- / Luke Million works with George Byrne on sublime video for ‘Back To The Rhythm'
- / Kilter Announces Debut Album and National Tour for June
- / JNTHN STEIN added to The Great Escape Line Up and joins Kilter on select North American dates
- / 'Chameleon' goes Double Platinum in Australia and sign to Island Records UK & Germany and Elektra Records France
- / Watch Kilter and Lanks Perform Raw, Acoustic Version of ‘Count On Me’
- / Paces Unveils 'Savage' Video & Kicks Off Australian Tour
- / Kilter Shares New Single and Announces 15-date North American Tour
- / Pnau Top 5 ARIA Single 'Chameleon' goes Platinum
- / POOLCLVB takes on Mixmag's The Lab
- / etcetc sign U.S. producer & multi-instrumentalist JNTHN STEIN of Team Supreme
- / DANCEetc at Taylor's Rooftop comes to an end
- / etcetc Yearbook - an Album of 2016 Hits, Unsung gems and excluvies from the label
- / One Huge EMC Play Showcase
- / Kilter drops epic Video and Remixes to the Song of the Summer 'They Don't Know Us'
- / PNAU Share First Single In Five Years 'Chameleon'
- / POOLCLVB release first single from forthcoming EP
- / Airwolf signs to etcetc Music & Nuffsaid Agency, with new single 'Talking Bass'
- / Kilter shares new single 'They Don't Know Us'
- / Kilter Announces National September Tour