Luboku Releases Stunning Full Length Live Performance of “Space Walk” Album
14 Dec 2020
Following on from the release of his acclaimed debut album SPACE WALK in October, Melbourne producer, songwriter and vocalist LUBOKU has unveiled a stunning full length live performance of SPACE WALK, filmed in Melbourne after an unprecedented lockdown period. Shot in Collingwood, the performance is a visual representation of the concept album which follows an astronaut’s journey into space and features PALE BLUE DOT PARTS 1 AND 2 and the album’s singles LIFT OFF, TWO HANDS, CIRCLES, LET YOU and SOLAR FLARE.
“The ‘Space Walk’ live video represents a visual journey of my debut album,” explains LUBOKU. “I had originally planned to take this conceptual show on the road, but it became clear that wasn’t going to be an option this year. Just as we were about to film the live video in July, Victoria went into its second lockdown and the shoot was postponed indefinitely. It was a blow considering everything that had happened. But we kept our hopes up and eventually we were back on track. We shot this video the first week out of lockdown, and the whole crew were super energised as it was the first live show anyone had experienced in over eight months. We basically set up in this airplane hangar and attached an overhead camera about 12 meters high on the ceiling, creating this hyper-real birds’ eye shot. The view was wild, it really feels like a cosmic journey through the vast reaches of space and I’m stoked to be able to share this with the album.”
Imagine yourself, strapped inside a rocket looking out into the atmosphere. As you rehearse the motions that years of preparation have led to - suddenly there’s lift off. The array of emotions coursing through your body flood you with both fear and euphoria, excitement and anticipation. The apex of your career crystallises into this single moment: the life of an astronaut. This is the narrative that shapes SPACE WALK, the debut concept album from Melbourne's electronic wunderkind, LUBOKU.
In his most ambitious project yet, LUBOKU documents the journey of an astronaut, whose experiences, thoughts and feelings are captured during a once in a lifetime mission to outer space. As this character embarks on a journey into the cosmos, venturing ever further from the PALE BLUE DOT, their pursuit of the ‘other-worldly’ reveals the stark singularity of our planet, Earth.
In this way, Luboku aims to juxtapose what can be seen as one of humanity's greatest scientific exploits, with one of our most abysmal failures - the destruction of the only planet which has the capacity to sustain life, as we know it. In essence, the search for something greater at the peril of what we might already have.
SPACE WALK is a comment on how unjust the idea is of progress for progress sake. How damaging it is to always be wanting more. As you listen to this record, imagine it being the last human transmission from Earth playing on a tiny radio, drifting somewhere way out in the universe. A lost message, to whoever may find it.
With rave reviews of the album coming from The Sound on ABC TV, the Herald Sun, triple j Unearthed, Pilerats, Acid Stag, Futuremag Music and more, SPACE WALK is an incendiary debut from LUBOKU and affirms his position at the forefront of the electronic music scene in Australia.
- / FAQ for PNAU x Nicholas Keays Crypto-Art Collectables
- / Triple J Unearthed Competition with Nick Littlemore from PNAU
- / The Magician Releases New Single ‘One Vibration Featuring Our Very Own 'CLYPSO’
- / etcetc Yearbook: 2020
- // Luboku Releases Stunning Full Length Live Performance of “Space Walk” Album //
- / Jax Jones Remixes Xmas Classic 'Ave Maria' for Apple Music
- / Adelaide Duo China Roses Unveil Bouncy New Single 'Worst Enemy' Alongside Official Music Video
- / FISHER, Wongo, & Dimity Stoyle Lead The Star-Studded Cast In Little Fritter's 'CHA CHA' Video
- / PNAU & Vlossom nominated for 2020 AIR Awards
- / 5 Things We Learned From Nick Littlemore's Reddit AMA
- / A Decade of Dance and your chance to record and release a classic
- / Explore the Multi-Dimensional World of PNAU with the Colourful & Vibrant 'Lucky' Video
- / Can You Guess What Some of Our etcetc Fam Have Been Bingeing On During Iso?
- / etcetc Artists Get Behind International Women's Day and Shout Out Emerging Talent
- / Leading-Edge Sydney Label Sidechains Drop Third Compilation Album 'Sidechains Club Vol.3'
- / Duke Dumont Set To Play Splendour's Biggest Line-Up Ever
- / Jax Jones Visits Australian Wild-life Amid Devastating Bush Fire Crisis
- / Vlossom to Play First Australian Shows Live at Sydney's Lansdowne Hotel in January
- / Sydney Three-Piece The Goods Deliver 'Peach' Remixes + Limited Edition 7" Vinyl
- / Nick Littlemore and Peter Mayes Launch Record Label LAB78 with etcetc, with First Project, Vlossom
- / Are you ready for Aus Music T-Shirt Day?
- / Australia's POOLCLVB #1 Most Played on SiriusXM Chill
- / Martin Ikin Releases Highly Anticipated Single ‘Hooked’ on Catch & Release and etcetc Music
- / etcetc Joins Forces with Innovative Sydney Label 'Sidechains'
- / Flash 89 Signs to etcetc and Announces New Tech-house Heater 'Body Talk'
- / George Maple Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Magic Woman'
- / FISHER Goes Platinum With 'Losing It'
- / Doolie Signs to etcetc Music & Releases New Single '2:20' feat. Charlie Threads
- / Donatachi Signs to etcetc & Releases New Single 'Do What I Want' feat. Evangeline
- / 5 Female Artists You Need To Know Right Now
- / ‘Losing It’ Voted #2 in the 2018 triple j Hottest 100 Countdown
- / CLYPSO Teams Up With Sophiegrophy for 'Strange Behaviour' Video
- / FISHER Goes Gold With 'Losing It'
- / PNAU’s Go Bang wins Best Dance Release at the 2018 ARIA Awards
- / CLYPSO Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / Huge Merch Sale Ahead of Ausmusic T-Shirt Day
- / Luboku Signs to etcetc Music + Announces Debut EP
- / etcetc Receives Nine Nominations for 2018 ARIA Awards
- / Sydney's BRUX Emerges As Producer, Songwriter & Vocalist Triple-Threat
- / FISHER Signs New Recordings Deal with etcetc Music
- / Paces Celebrates ZAG With Warehouse Album Launch
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Technique', Announces 14-Date Album Tour & Issues ZAG Party Pack
- / PNAU Win Two AIR Awards After Huge Splendour In The Grass Performance
- / Introducing: George Michelle
- / Pnau Release 2018 Tour Edition of Changa Ahead Of Aus Tour
- / WATCH: Paces - Call The 5-0 Official Video Starring Paces, Midas.Gold & Tigerilla
- / POOLCLVB Releases Limited Edition 'Freefall' Tees With Proceeds To Beyond Blue
- / Paces Drops New Single 'Call The 5-0' + Announces Sophomore Album ZAG
- / Airwolf Shares 'Chasing You' Official Video + Free Download From UK Tastemaker T.Williams
- / POOLCLVB Unveils Acoustic Version of 'Freefall', Adds More Shows To National Tour Including Splendour In The Grass!
- / Duke Dumont Drops Official Video For 'Inhale' Ahead Of Landing In Aus
- / Bearcubs Shares Stunning Video For 'Landslide'
- / PNAU & POOLCLVB Join The Splendour In The Grass 2018 Lineup
- / POOLCLVB Unveils New Single 'Freefall' feat. Doolie & Announces National Freefall Tour
- / etcetc Wins Indie Label of the Year at The Music Network Tinnies Awards
- / FISHER Kicks Off Crowd Control World Tour
- / PNAU Ditch Traditional ARIA After Party & Celebrate With Fans At Sydney's Club 77
- / Pnau To Perform Live At The 2017 ARIA Awards
- / New York's Walker & Royce Announce Australia & New Zealand ‘Self Help’ Album Tour
- / Jax Jones Announces Australian & New Zealand Tour
- / Pnau 'Go Bang' With New Single & Video
- / Klue Takes New Live Show On The Road For 'Closer'
- / Jax Jones Launches 'House Work' Beats1 Radio Show
- / PNAU Receive Two ARIA Award Nominations + ‘Chameleon' Goes Triple Platinum
- / Kilter Shares New Ninajirachi Remix of Waste Time feat. Woodes
- / Paces Announces National 'Creepin' Tour
- / Pnau Drop 3 New Tracks & Announce Forthcoming Album 'Changa'
- / Paces Drops Fresh New Merch Line
- / etcetc sign Paces to Republic Records
- / Kilter Announces Regional Tour & Remix for Duke Dumont & Gorgon City
- / Kilter shares Video and Remixes for 'I Hear You'
- / Sam Sparro Announces Australian Tour
- / Jax Jones goes Double Platinum in Australia and drops New Single
- / Eye Love View Sold Out + Set Times
- / Who Would You Get 250m High With?
- / Kilter shares Three New Tracks from his Forthcoming Album
- / Luke Million's Record Store Day Score
- / Luke Million works with George Byrne on sublime video for ‘Back To The Rhythm'
- / Kilter Announces Debut Album and National Tour for June
- / JNTHN STEIN added to The Great Escape Line Up and joins Kilter on select North American dates
- / 'Chameleon' goes Double Platinum in Australia and sign to Island Records UK & Germany and Elektra Records France
- / Watch Kilter and Lanks Perform Raw, Acoustic Version of ‘Count On Me’
- / Paces Unveils 'Savage' Video & Kicks Off Australian Tour
- / Kilter Shares New Single and Announces 15-date North American Tour
- / Pnau Top 5 ARIA Single 'Chameleon' goes Platinum
- / POOLCLVB takes on Mixmag's The Lab
- / etcetc sign U.S. producer & multi-instrumentalist JNTHN STEIN of Team Supreme
- / DANCEetc at Taylor's Rooftop comes to an end
- / etcetc Yearbook - an Album of 2016 Hits, Unsung gems and excluvies from the label
- / One Huge EMC Play Showcase
- / Kilter drops epic Video and Remixes to the Song of the Summer 'They Don't Know Us'
- / PNAU Share First Single In Five Years 'Chameleon'
- / POOLCLVB release first single from forthcoming EP
- / Airwolf signs to etcetc Music & Nuffsaid Agency, with new single 'Talking Bass'
- / Kilter shares new single 'They Don't Know Us'
- / Kilter Announces National September Tour